Monday 21 July 2008

Cable Shrug Revisited


Well, here is where I left the cable shrug about a month ago, pondering over whether I should even bother continuing when the pattern required joining both sleeves right down the middle - which has all the potential of a natural disaster waiting to happen.

EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it!

I found a video yesterday that visually explains 'Kitchener stitch' very very easily and suddenly this problem seems so trivial. I mean if they had just said it was just grafting I would have at least understood the concept and hurried away to look up 'how-to-graft'. But the posh title kind of threw me:)

Anyways, if you are looking for a video to explain 'kitchener Stitch' or common old grafting then do try this video by Knitwitch.

I still have a way to go before I even need to use this stitch but at least I know how to finish this one now!! Pics to follow once it's grown a bit more. Best get going then, I've a shrug to finish and apparently the few days of really nice sunshine we've been having is finishing this thursday so I'd better get a move on before the blustery weather arrives!


BTW - two posts in two days?! Look out tomorrow and I might just break all records and make it three in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Do stay a while and visit. Please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and be inspired by all your blogs out there too:-) elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails